Premier String Quartet in the Capital Region
A Touch of Woodwinds is a full service chamber music group ensemble. Our specialty is performing for wedding ceremonies. We can also do cocktail hours and parties of all kinds. Repertoire ranges from Bach to Rock, Jazz, Pops and light classics including “A Thousand Years”, “All About That Bass” and “With or Without You.” We can provide a duo, trio, or quartet for your event.
Weddings, Cocktail Hour, Parties, Events and more. A Touch of Woodwinds can be thought of as a string ensemble “with a twist.” Wedding, pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail music are available featuring all styles of music.
Let us entertain you for your next event. Classical, popular, jazz, ethnic, and seasonal music can be performed.
Duos, trios, or quartets available with professional symphony performers.
- January 20, 2019 - Principal Clarinet, Schenectady Symphony Orchestra, Proctors
- January 17-19 & 25 - Woodwinds, 9 to 5 Musical, Schenectady Light Opera,
- February 2, 2019 - Adjudication – Schoharie Valley Solo Festival, Cobleskill-Richmondville HS
- February 26-March 3, 2019 - Reed 1, "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" Broadway tour, Proctors Theater, Schenectady
- March 8-10, 2019 - Reeds, "Thoroughly Modern Mille", Ravena-Coeymans-Selkirk HS, Ravena
- March 14-16, 2019 - Reeds, "Once on This Island", Queensbury HS, Queensbury
- March 22-24, 2019 - Reeds, "Addams Family", Mohan Masque, Rotterdam
- March 29-31, 2019 - Reeds, "Hunchback of Notre Dame", Hudson Falls High School Production, Hudson Falls
- April 24-May 5, 2019 - Reed 1, "Phantom of the Opera" Broadway Tour, Proctors Theater
- May 12, 2019 - Principal Clarinet, Schenectady Symphony Orchestra, Proctors
- May 18, 2019 - Oboe, "Mass of Creation" 125th Anniversary, St Stanislaus Church, Amsterdam
- May 29-June 12, 2019 - Woodwinds, "Elephant and Piggie" musical, Theater Institute at Sage College, Troy
June 9, 2019 - Oboe/Clarinet Duo with Piano, Unitarian Universal Society,Albany 10:00 am
June 15, 2019 - Oboe/Clarinet Recital with Soprano, Violin and Piano 3:00 pm
- July 7-August 17, 2019 - Conductor, Gloversville Civic Band, Wednesday evenings at Trail Station Park, Gloversville
- August 10, 2019 Principal Clarinet – Schenectady Symphony Orchestra, Proctors – , October 13, 2019
- October 6, 2019 - Principal Clarinet – Clinton Orchestra, Clinton HS
- October 13, 2019 Principal Clarinet – Schenectady Symphony Orchestra, Proctors
- October 20, 2019 - Clarinet – Octavos Singers, Mozart "Requiem" St Pius X, Loudonville
- November 10-24, 2019 - Woodwinds – Broadway Tour “Frozen”, Proctors
- December 14-15, 2019 - Woodwinds – “Kris Kringle”, Proctors
- December 17, 2019 - Alto/Tenor Saxophone recording session " Hail! Cheer Old R.P.I.!" Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy
- January 26, March 22, May 17, 2020 - Principal Clarinet – Schenectady Symphony, Proctors
Meet the Musician
Tom Gerbino is the founding member of the successful chamber ensemble A Touch of Woodwinds. Tom holds degrees from Mansfield University and Ithaca College in Music Education and Performance. He is a woodwind instructor at Schenectady County Community College, Renssalaer Polytechnic Institute and Union College. He has also instructed at The College of Saint Rose, Ithaca College, Russell Sage College, Skidmore College and SUNY Cortland.
A veteran of various pit orchestras and stage bands, he has appeared with many celebrities and Broadway touring shows. These credits include: Johnny Mathis, Darlene Love, Ron Carter and Cherish the Ladies. Shows include “Pippin”, “Wicked”, “MOTOWN, the Musical”, “Matilda, the Musical” and “Cinderella.”
Tom is the Principal clarinet with the Schenectady Symphony, and has been appointed Conductor of the Gloversville Civic Band since July 2011. He is a member of the Glens Falls City and Johnstown Concert Bands, and a soloist with the Capital City, Milman, Upper Catskill, and Women of Note String Quartets. He frequently appears with the Utica Symphony, Catskill Symphony and Clinton Symphonic Orchestra.
We'd Love To Hear From You
Have any questions or just want to give us a kind word for our testimonials, don't hesitate to contact us. We love hearing from all of you!